Wed, May 19|
Doing Business with the Government Forum Series: Engaging in Government Procurement
Time & Location
May 19, 2021, 9:30 AM
About the Event
Engaging in Government Procurement
The Philippine Government is the single largest procuring entity in the economy. Each year, the Philippine government allots a huge budget funded by taxpayers’ money to acquire goods and services for its projects in order to deliver services to its citizens. On 2021, based on the spending priorities released by the Department of Budget and Management, the government allocated 1.107 trillion pesos under the Build, Build, Build (BBB) infrastructure program which will aid in creating more jobs by investing in labor intensive projects, 203.1 billion pesos in response to the pandemic and improving the healthcare system, and the rest of the national budget focuses on ensuring food security, enabling a digital government and economy as well as helping communities cope and prevail in these trying times.
Looking at the spending priorities of the Philippine Government, this offers the private sector including SMEs and MSMEs opportunities to grow its business, expand its market and to tap the government as a regular client.
This webinar covers the basics of public procurement, including:
* Why companies should consider pursuing government contracts
* Understanding the Government Budget and Republic Act (“RA”) No. 9184 or the Government Procurement Reform Act
* Walk-through of the government procurement process
* Government procurement under RA No. 11494 or the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act
* Exploring government procurement opportunities
Members – Free
Non-Members – PHP500